- BUY THE BOOK: PORTSOY WOODS : NEW
- BUY THE BOOK "RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS"
- BUY THE BOOK: WHAT I LEARNED FROM DANIEL
- Other Books I Have Written
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- What I Learned from Daniel: THE BLOG
- NEW BLOG: IF I WERE TO BE HONEST
- NEW BLOG: Life After the Rescues
- Preparedness Books... of Which to Take Note
- On Becoming a New Author
- Provide Information or Feedback to Me
- Our Advertising and Commentary Policy
- BUY THE BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS: A PRIMER TO PREPAREDNESS
- Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey: The Life of the Explorer
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Another 3.1 Earthquake
We were all tucked in with everyone asleep, when once again, some pretty substantial shaking occurred at our home. Everyone got up and came in to see how bad we thought this one was. We all decided it had to be at least a 3. It wasn't long until the USGS noted it as a 3.1 with an epicenter in an adjacent county. Interestingly, our radon levels from our continuous radon sampling unit have been higher than we believed they would be. It's too early to state that from this location, there is an elevation of radon levels prior to a quake or aftershock. We need more data.
Now, to relax and get back to sleep With all the wineries and the earthquakes, Central Virginia is beginning to feel like California ! I have a busy day tomorrow, and don't much want to spend more time looking for damage.