- BUY THE BOOK: PORTSOY WOODS : NEW
- BUY THE BOOK "RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS"
- BUY THE BOOK: WHAT I LEARNED FROM DANIEL
- Other Books I Have Written
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- What I Learned from Daniel: THE BLOG
- NEW BLOG: IF I WERE TO BE HONEST
- NEW BLOG: Life After the Rescues
- Preparedness Books... of Which to Take Note
- On Becoming a New Author
- Provide Information or Feedback to Me
- Our Advertising and Commentary Policy
- BUY THE BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS: A PRIMER TO PREPAREDNESS
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Reflections on Sudden Passings
Does it ever feel to you that the world is turning too fast, and that loved ones and dear friends are leaving the Earth without adequate notice ? Does it seem as if a percentage of the authority figures in the world have gone mad ? Well lately it has seemed that way to me.
I lost a dear friend this week, who was actually a human being, and not an equine, canine or feline. (Yes, I do seem to prefer the animal kind sometimes.) Fashioned to protect her privacy, here is my post from another blog: (For some reason her family has decided not to publish an obituary or have a funeral.)
I will miss my friend
I know that we, as human beings fear the protracted "death in stages". It just seems to me that someone you talk to one day, ought to be there the next. I am grateful for the easy and quick passages of family and friends, for everyone but me. I miss those of you who departed for the gardens without entropy without my suspecting that you would.
Love to you all.