- BUY THE BOOK "RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS"
- BUY THE BOOK: WHAT I LEARNED FROM DANIEL
- PORTSOY WOODS (My First Novel)
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- Other Books I Have Written
- What I Learned from Daniel: THE BLOG
- NEW BLOG: IF I WERE TO BE HONEST
- NEW BLOG: Life After the Rescues
- Preparedness Books... of Which to Take Note
- On Becoming a New Author
- Provide Information or Feedback to Me
- Our Advertising and Commentary Policy
- BUY THE BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS: A PRIMER TO PREPAREDNESS
- Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey: The Life of the Explorer
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Government Seizure of Weapons or Harassment ?
I know a fair number of SWAT members and varietal law enforcement members in Virginia. For the most part, our law enforcement is very good and very ethical in Virginia. We do have the recent case of Brandon Raub, the Marine who was held in a mental facility a great distance from his family, on a mental health hold when both the FBI and Chesterfield Police decided that his private Facebook page was apparently too critical for their tastes, but he has been released, and this was definitely a Virginia aberration.
This week I came upon an account I had hoped was not true.
This is a personal account of how the Department of Homeland Security confiscated the guns of a respected FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed dealer)
For those of you who wish more information. This is the news account of these occurrences from KRQE.
This story is the personal account of FFL holder, Robert Adams. Adams is said to be a highly respected FFL dealer who has special licensure which has allowed him to keep antique weapons.
We all need to keep careful watch on the actions of our government with regard to our Second Amendment Rights.
For those who wish to do the additional reading, I have collected links from other less moderate sources than I am, who voice serious concern. If the points that Robert Adams makes are true, then our government not only owes him all his guns back, restitution for the antique weapon broken, expenses for the mess in his home, and an apology. This is definitely worth watching.
Department of Homeland Security Raids Dealer Who Did Not Violate the Law
DHS Raid Home of Robert Adams
This is Robert Adam's Business Website
I have no difficulty with our government doing what they are meant to do, but there are a number of elements of this case which are disturbing. Please read.