- BUY THE BOOK "RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS"
- BUY THE BOOK: WHAT I LEARNED FROM DANIEL
- PORTSOY WOODS (My First Novel)
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- Other Books I Have Written
- What I Learned from Daniel: THE BLOG
- NEW BLOG: IF I WERE TO BE HONEST
- NEW BLOG: Life After the Rescues
- Preparedness Books... of Which to Take Note
- On Becoming a New Author
- Provide Information or Feedback to Me
- Our Advertising and Commentary Policy
- BUY THE BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS: A PRIMER TO PREPAREDNESS
- Lawrence DeWolfe Kelsey: The Life of the Explorer
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
The Earthquakes Are Back
This evening at around 9:42 pm, a significant earthquake event was felt here. We immediately thought this was the touchy focus in Louisa which caused the 5.8 in 2011 which destroyed schools and so many homes. This time it wasn't. This quake, according to USGS is a 3.2 with an epicenter in Powhatan, Virginia. Interestingly, I have been seeing USGS trucks out here again recently.
This explains why the dogs, horses and alpacas have been skittish and upset for the last several days. I had wondered if another earthquake was coming. Maybe our Siberian husky can get some sleep now.
Info on this quake
UPDATE: There have been multiple small aftershocks today. The alpacas have been glum, the horses nervous, and some of the dogs have been unhappy, particularly the highly strung Siberian husky. In the light of day there appears to be no damage here.