Sunday, September 24, 2017

On Half Baked Commentaries

               

 


                If you read this blog frequently or even occasionally, you have probably noted that I haven't been reviewing or posting comments to the posts very often. Because I am ninety-thousand words into a fourth book a lot of my time is taken by the research and continuing work on that project, so I have not been as present as I once was on all of my blogs.  Secondly, and please believe me on this, only a few of the comments are worth approving for post.

                   Most of the comments commend the blog for providing full information on a subject of which they approve, and then they provide a link to their business, which is usually completely unrelated to the subject of the blog.  My post on the importance of durable dog houses in winter does not relate in any way to your sale of refrigerators in Mumbai. I don't think we have that many readers from India.
                    One post which gave very clear information on urinary tract infections and for strategies to avoid them, was accosted by a "spiritual doctor" who wrote a long comment.  May I suggest to you Sir, that if you spell vaginal as virginal, then you likely lack the education necessary in order to be providing medical advice, on my blog or anywhere else.      

                   Although I don't need anyone's political views to match mine, I certainly don't want people providing half baked, unsafe or irresponsible medical advice, particularly when I go to so much trouble to make sure that the information provided here, is as safe and as responsible as is possible.  Some time ago, the government of Iceland referenced this blog as a good place for general medical information for the public, and I would like to keep it that way.

                 So, if you wish to make a comment, then do so, but understand that if you are advertising a gentleman's club in Detroit that I am not going to be approving your comment to follow my post on strategies for safe emergency childbirth.

                     To those of you who are still commenting responsibly, I am sorry it takes me time to weed through the inane before approving your posts. I really do appreciate your readership and your commentaries.






2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Selfish people make the world a very inconvenient place. I hope your book goes well.

JaneofVirginia said...


Thank you, Gorges. It's just standing at 100K words just now, but has not yet endured review, revisions or editing, all the tedious parts. LOL.