Once again, I have no financial interest in this or in any other property for sale by Survival Realty. However, depending upon where you are living in the US, this is an excellent buy. It is South of Richmond , Virginia in a rural area off Interstate 95.
The information between the two set of undulating lines is the work product of Survival Realty.
Private Oasis on Over 47 Acres!
Your private oasis awaits! Sited on over 47 acres, this custom-built retreat offers 3,100 sq ft in the main house with stunning open concept and no detail spared. Step inside the spacious foyer and be greeted by beamed cathedral ceilings, a breath-taking cypress vaulted front wall and many windows, illuminating the craftsmanship and detail throughout. The beautifully designed kitchen offers granite counter tops, tile backsplash, tin ceiling and state-of-the-art appliances.
Located on the first floor, the master suite provides a luxurious bath featuring a large tile steam shower, soaking tub and heated floors. The spacious second floor loft overlooks the lower level and provides plenty of space for relaxing. Two additional bedrooms offer private full baths.
The pool house adds an additional 2,450 sq ft of finished and conditioned space, housing the 36×12 heated salt water pool. Additional private rooms transform this building into a welcoming guest house. The oversized two-car garage features a half-bath and utility area as well as plenty of storage. There is an unfinished apartment above the garage with private entrance.
Conveniently located off Interstate 95. Stokes Plat. More details below:
- Land 48 acres +/-
- Wildlife: Deer Turkey Hawks
- Lots of country roads for great bike rides
- 5 miles off 95
- 20 minutes to Emporia: Wal Mart, Food Lion, Pebbles
- 30 minutes to SouthPark area: Target, Best Buy, Lowes, Sears, numerous medical facilities, restaurants, etc.
- Farmers market in Emporia, greenhouse/produce at Pinewood Greenhouse 10 minutes away.
- Drilled well with 86 gal water tank and ¾ hp pump.
- Infiltrator Panel System installed in septic drainfield
- Main House completed in 2008. 3100 square feet
- Has passive solar orientation, 24” overhangs for summer/winter energy savings.
- 2×6 construction
- Radiant barrier in ceiling for additional insulation in roof (R-Value 48)
- Roof baffles and continuous ridge vent to prolong life of roof
- 30 year architectural shingles
- Low E glass Windows
- Ext Fiberglass doors with interior blinds and PVC jambs
- Foundry Hand Split Shake Vinyl Siding
- Timbertech back deck
- Stone veneer foundation
- Interior walls as well as exterior walls are insulated
- Moisture barrier in crawl space
- Water proof 4’ lights in crawl space.
- RV Connection in driveway near garage
- Gate at road
- Solar motion detection lights at gate.
- Omni Security system with 4 cameras, DVR, cameras can be viewed on TV; expandable to 9 cameras
- 3 American Standard Heritage 15 SEER HVAC systems: one for master suite, one for upstairs
and one for downstairs. Each system has a whole house air cleaning filter system and
programmable electronic communicating thermostat.
- Generac Generator
- 500 gal propane tank
- Laundry room has tin ceiling, built in cabinets, broom closet, granite countertops.
Instant Rinnai gas hot water heater for continuous energy efficient hot water
- Kitchen has tin ceiling, granite countertops, tiled backsplash, custom basswood cabinets with 41” tall wall cabinets, above and below cabinet lighting. 5’ refrigerator and freezer (Kenmore). Bosch dishwasher. Kenmore Elite Dual Fuel 40” range features five gas burners, and 2 electric. Ovens: one main and one side oven. Main oven is also convection. 48” Broan Elite 61000 series range hood with removable washable filters and 4 halogen lights.
- Open concept living area with cypress T&G ceiling, cypress also on vaulted front wall.
- Tiled floor installed on tilebacker cement board throughout first floor.
- Custom energy saving blinds on 1st floor.
- Media closet, surround sound throughout house and on back deck.
- 6’ storage closet
- Recessed lighting
- Half bath with vintage school desk vanity with granite top, vessel sink and vintage mirror.
- Main floor master suite with wood floor, tray lighting, walk-in closet.
- Master bath has granite counters. 1 sink and vanity area, double mirrors. 6’ Maax “Moonlight” soaking tub. Tiled steam shower (5’5” x 7’) with glass blocks, 6 jets, rain shower head and hand held faucet. Radiant heated tile floor with programmable thermostat.
- Non load bearing log pole (from property) at stair case, stair case has bluestone treads, rockwall beside stairs.
- 2nd floor has open center room for entertainment/ recreation; two additional bedrooms with 2 full baths. Wood floor throughout 2nd floor rooms. Each bath has tiled floor installed on tilebacker cement board. One bath tub/shower, vessel sink. 2nd bath has shower and pedestal sink. Bedrooms’ crawl spaces have access doors for additional storage.
- All interior doors are solid wood.
- Ceiling Fans throughout
- Same footprint as Main house with passive solar energy saving
features such as orientation and length of overhang.
- Ceiling is moisture resistant PVC T&G, walls are James Hardee cement board, deck around pool is tinted concrete. Walls and ceiling have a vapor barrier as well as all seams sealed to prevent moisture damage.
- Timbertech deck on side and rear of pool house
- Pool house has DRY-AIR dehumidifier system professionally engineered to control humidity
and prevent deterioration of building from moisture. System does dehumidification, space
heating, pool water heating and air conditioning. The heating is propane so there is also a
boiler in the mechanical room.
- DRY AIR system also has a three way valve for energy efficiency. Excess heat from heating
space or dehumidification is dumped into pool as needed to maintain pool temperature.
Pool is salt water with a diatomaceous earth pool filter and Hayward Pool Pump. Also has
the Aqua Plus Automation and Chlorination pool controller. With the Aqua Plus controller,
salt level is monitored, filtering times can be set as well as chlorinator percentage. A Ranco
temperature gauge sets the pool temperature.
- The pool house has security system (all doors are alarmed) and video monitoring. (Great
for monitoring swimmers from main house!)
- All windows are tempered glass and all electric is ground fault.
- Negative pressure fan in ceiling
- Completely open with 12 x 36 vinyl pool, mechanical room, exercise area and full bath with
shower, toilet and utility sink, also washer and dryer hookup.
- Five speakers in pool house with media system in exercise room.
- Exercise room has a separate HVAC system.
- Spiral staircase leads to second floor (approx 465 sq ft) which overlooks pool. Has glass
panel rail so view of pool is not obscured.
- Built in 2013. Has two roll up 10 x 10 insulated Pantego garage
- Storage cabinets installed on one wall, walls and ceiling are finished.
- Downstairs also has half bath with utility sink, storage closet and craft area with wall cabinets.
The second floor of the garage is an unfinished apt with own entrance. The electric has
been run. Rough in HVAC is completed. Unfinished kitchen and vanity cabinets for
- Termite prevention and maintenance in 2015 (all buildings)
- HVAC maintenance (main house) 2015
- Pool systems maintenance 2014
- Pool Dry Air maintenance 2014
- Manuals available on request.
- Direct TV
- Exede Internet (other satellite systems are available)