- BUY THE BOOK: PORTSOY WOODS : NEW
- BUY THE BOOK "RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS"
- BUY THE BOOK: WHAT I LEARNED FROM DANIEL
- Other Books I Have Written
- NEW BLOG: Portsoy Woods
- What I Learned from Daniel: THE BLOG
- NEW BLOG: IF I WERE TO BE HONEST
- NEW BLOG: Life After the Rescues
- Preparedness Books... of Which to Take Note
- On Becoming a New Author
- Provide Information or Feedback to Me
- Our Advertising and Commentary Policy
- BUY THE BOOK: RATIONAL PREPAREDNESS: A PRIMER TO PREPAREDNESS
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
The Construction of Solar Bottle Lights
I have no idea what a social entrepreneur really is, but if this is what they do, then the world needs more of them. Illac Diaz is just such a person. He is the founder of Liters of Light After completing his own university degree, he set out to help thousands of Filipino families who are living in substandard housing following the terrible storms and tsunamis of the past few years. In a number of coastal housing settlements in the Phillipines, there is no electricity and no light by which to make food for the evening meal or do homework afterward. This is Illac's simple and brilliant way of addressing the problem.
This method works on metal roofing both corrugated or otherwise. It can also work on outbuildings, barns, or for growing sheds. Multiple bottles bring a great deal of daylight light into a structure.
Building a Solar Bottle Bulb
*PET soda bottle
*Galvanized Iron (GI) sheet