Friday, December 7, 2012

Wal-Mart is Selling Augason Farms Freeze Dried Foods and Other Manufacturers Also

  

Wal-Mart sells this for $19.98.



This ten pound bag of rolled oats is only $14.98



I use this a fair bit in stews, and it's only $14.98





         I have been sending people to Sam's Club or to Augason Farms directly to get freeze dried foods to this point.  However, I learned that just recently, Wal-Mart has started selling some of these freeze dried foods also, and for fairly reasonable prices.

This is the link:

    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=augason&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=976759


       Please take a look.  Wal-Mart is running a special.  Anything ordered over $45. can be sent without having to pay postage.  The prices are not such that one could buy up huge amounts of anything, but buying and exploring what you do and don't like is an excellent idea.   I made an excellent chili soup this morning using Augason Farm's ingredients.



8 comments:

lotta joy said...

YAY!!! I found the Auguson site to be WAY over my means financially. And when I wanted the dehydrated milk, Stud said it would probably be like Carnation powdered 'milk'. Then I decided I would not want milk at room temperature anyway, but I sure wanted those powdered eggs and their dehydrated butter!!

When I ordered my cast iron skillet online for Walmart, it was there THAT DAY and no shipping and handling since they keep the extra, online products, in storage behind the LAYAWAY department.

JaneofVirginia said...

Lotta Joy, I am not a big milk drinker anyway, but Augason's freeze dried milk is way better than Carnation dried. In fact, if you mix it with the special mixing jug they sell, and reconstitute it as directed, you shouldn't be able to tell it from regular. There are lots of people particularly in Utah who don't buy milk, they just reconstitute the Augasons. I am particularly fond of the freeze dried strawberries, the green peppers, and the freeze dried onions.

DFW said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a few things from Thrive (Shelf Reliance) during thier black Friday sale. I'll definitely check out the Auguson Farms.

Do you know of any companies that sell the freeze dried products in quart size, just for trying out verious products?

Gayle said...

This is great to know. I knew they carried it at the local Wal-Mart but I didn't realize they would ship it to you. I notice at our local store they sell out fast.

JaneofVirginia said...

I am not familiar with all of the companies but I know that both Augason Farms and www.beprepared.com (Emergency Essentials) sell smaller "every day" packages of most things, before you choose to invest in a #10 jumbo sized can of freeze dried somethng.

JaneofVirginia said...

I am thrilled about their shipping it. Mine doesn't stock any freeze dried food in the store itself.

DFW said...

Thank you!

JaneofVirginia said...

Anytime. Glad to help !